SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
Website Landmark Construction
Collaborative Builders of Extraordinary Facilities
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
Location: Rocklin, CA
Landmark Construction is seeking a talented construction professional to join its team to assist with the strategic growth of the company as the premier collaborative builder in the region. The position of Senior Estimator will require a results and goal oriented professional who will become an integral member of the organization. Landmark Construction offers growth opportunities to individuals that want to become part of an organization that prides itself on completing challenging projects with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. Our team is committed to:
PROFESSIONALISM: We are committed to the continuous development of our professional approach to all of our business activities.
CHARACTER & BEHAVIOR: We conduct ourselves to the highest standards with a focus on integrity, forthrightness, and fairness.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We conduct our business to the highest standards with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
Landmark is a different company; we work hard and play hard. We find the skillsets we cultivate to play hard are the very same that we use to complete our projects to the highest standards.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ESTIMATOR:
- Work with the Preconstruction team to develop conceptual, budget and GMP estimates
- Prepare accurate quality takeoffs, material and equipment pricing
- Lead subcontractor solicitation efforts and conduct job walks as appropriate
- Meet proposal and bid schedules
- Complete analysis of competitive subcontractor proposals
- Define and clarify project scopes of work, schedules and procurement requirements
- Successfully conduct competitive lump sum bids
- Assist project staff with estimates after bid award
- Conduct thorough and accurate project constructability reviews
- Conduct value engineering analysis to define cost efficient alternatives to the desired project scope
YOU HAVE [MINIMUM 5 YEARS ESTIMATING EXPERIENCE] AND:
- Ability to lead a lump sum competitive bid pursuit
- Ability to perform all preconstruction, estimating and bidding functions on projects up to $60M
- Ability to successfully manage estimating team in preparing estimates and final bid pricing
- Ability to bid projects successfully with a profitable capture ratio in excess of 20%
- Ability to produce accurate conceptual estimates
- Ability to produce project schedules
- Ability to present estimates to clients and project teams with a high level of confidence
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with clients, subcontractors and design teams
- Review all architectural and structural drawings, specifications, schedules, contract documents, proposal drawings, structural calculations, and other information prepared by internal and outside sources for compliance with the bidding documents.
- Ability to build new and maintain existing subcontractor and supplier relationships to obtain competitive advantages
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of unit costs
- Ability to prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates and trend studies for self-perform and subcontractor scopes
- Understanding of contracts, drawings and specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the factors that impact construction costs and subcontractor risk
- Post estimate and job buyout knowledge management including maintenance of unit cost database for use in all future estimates.
- Collaborate and drive departmental process improvements
- Provide estimating and preconstruction training and support to Estimators and other staff
- Strong conceptual estimating skills
- 10 years construction estimating experience, with at least 5 years estimating K-12 public school projects preferred.
- Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Computer literate and experience with complex spreadsheets, database programs and on-screen take off programs
- Knowledge of local subcontractor community and all building construction trades
- Participate in client interviews and attend business development functions
- Self-motivated, dynamic team player
- Knowledge of 5D estimating
- Understanding of integrated project delivery methods
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience scheduling entire building projects with multiple phases utilizing Microsoft Projects
- Experience with additional software:
- BlueBeam Revu
- Procore – Project Management, Core Tools, Quality & Safety, Construction Financials
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in construction, construction management or architecture; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training in construction, construction management or architecture; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer competitive wages depending on experience with opportunities for professional growth. Landmark offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid premium medical, dental, and vision
- Employer match 401(k) retirement program
- Seven paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Industry and Charity event sponsorships
- Company adventure outings such as skiing and white-water rafting
- Employee referral program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment. Must meet the I-9 eligibility requirements for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org