Landmark’s Culture of Safety
Landmark’s commitment to safe operations is reflected in our current three-year average EMR: 0.74, which includes our 2022 EMR. Our culture of safety begins during project planning and estimating. For every project we include in our General Conditions multiple visits per month by our independent safety inspector. This thoughtful approach to safety permeates every step of the construction process.
For each jobsite, we conduct weekly safety meetings, or more frequently depending on the complexity of the project. In addition to weekly safety meetings, each project team is also required to complete relevant jobsite safety analysis for critical functions occurring onsite.
We cannot talk about safety without talking about Covid-19. We are keenly sensitive to the great challenges Covid-19 has presented to our school district clients. We go above and beyond CDC, California, and County requirements. We have become leaders in daily health screenings, temperature checks, masking, distancing, contact logging, and other preventative measures. This intense attention to detail and strict adherence to best practices has helped keep our company, colleagues, and community safe and productive. In fact, throughout the pandemic, all our projects have successfully moved forward without significant delays, and we have never failed to have facilities ready for students and staff.
Our company-wide safety and health program includes:
- Training all employees in hazard recognition and corrective action.
- Conducting safety and health inspections that identify, eliminate, and control safety and health hazards as well as unsafe work practices weekly or more often.
- Providing the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees and providing the information for the proper use and care of provided PPE.
- Developing and enforcing safety and health policies and procedures.
- Requiring employees to follow the policies and procedures as a condition of employment.
- Investigating every accident or near miss promptly to find the root cause and implement corrective action to prevent further occurrences.